Bum Cheeks is another Australian diaper that I got while they were on BabySteals. I’d seen them featured before on Baby Half Off but never ordered because I didn’t like their denim or swirly prints that they always seemed to have. Then I saw these vibrant colored minky ones and decided to give them a try.
This is a one size AIO diaper with snap adjustments in the front. There is a pocket lined with microfiber that you can add extra absorbency to for naps or nighttime if you need to. There is also a bamboo insert that folds in half and snaps to keep it folded for easy stuffing.
With the insert this diaper is quite thick, but not so thick that it doesn’t fit under clothes. Jeans are a little bulky in the crotch, but pull on pants were okay. For the photos within this post I used it without the extra insert for the first time. Worn this way there wouldn’t be an issue with getting jeans on and it was still plenty absorbent.
In my attempt to get some on the butt photos, K decided that he wasn’t having any of it and would rather play with the diapers.
Overall, this is a nice fitting diaper and I haven’t had any leaks with it. It isn’t one of my go-to diapers, but it isn’t one of my “all of the other diapers are dirty” diapers. It’s somewhere in the middle and I think that it has more to do with the fact that it takes a long time to dry so I don’t want to wash it. I guess that’s common with an AIO though (and maybe why I don’t have any others).
- It has three snaps along the waist so the wings don’t droop and it’s easy to get a good fit.
- Vibrant color
- Soft (I do enjoy the feel of a minky diaper)
- Customizable absorbency
- When the pocket is stuffed it’s not as poofy as a doubled up diaper can be
- Didn’t leak when used as a nighttime diaper with just the included bamboo insert
- Long drying time
- Poofy in the crotch when insert is used which makes jeans a little harder to fit and the crotch strap of the car seat isn’t as close to baby (I don’t think this is a safety issue, but I have to readjust the shoulder strap to compensate. In my seat it’s easy, but it may not be in all seats)
This diaper retails for $28.00 AUD which is about $27.94 USD. I wouldn’t pay that much for this diaper, but since I got it on BabySteals for half off, I think this diaper is perfectly fine for what I paid for it.