>Bum Cheeks is another Australian diaper that I got while they were on BabySteals. I’d seen them featured before on BHO but never ordered because I didn’t like their denim or swirly prints that they always seemed to have. Then I saw these vibrant colored minky ones and decided to give them a try.
This is a one size diaper with snap adjustments in the front. I would actually call this an AIO because there is a pocket, but it’s lined with microfiber that’s as thick as any microfiber insert that I have. There is also a bamboo insert that folds in half and snaps to keep it folded for easy stuffing. With the insert this diaper is quite thick, but not so thick that it doesn’t fit under clothes. Jeans are a little bulky in the crotch, but pull on pants (or a dress for a girl, of course) was okay. For the photos within this post I used it without the extra insert for the first time. Worn this way there wouldn’t be an issue with getting jeans on and it was still plenty absorbent.
- It has three snaps along the waist so the wings don’t droop and it’s easy to get a good fit.
- Vibrant color
- Soft (I do enjoy the feel of a minky diaper)
- Customizable absorbency
- When the pocket is stuffed it’s not as poofy as a doubled up diaper can be
- Didn’t leak when used as a nighttime diaper with just the included bamboo insert
- Long drying time
- Poofy in the crotch when insert is used which makes jeans a little harder to fit and the crotch strap of the car seat isn’t as close to baby (I don’t think this is a safety issue, but I have to readjust the shoulder strap to compensate. In my seat it’s easy, but it may not be in all seats)