If you’re looking for a yummy, quick, easy recipe then look no further. Something about all of the flavors together is slightly reminiscent of a veggie pizza, and oh how I’m a fan of eggplant and sliced tomato on pizza.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- black pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- about 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel and slice eggplant. Put slices in a pan with the salt and about an inch of boiling water, cover tightly. Cook for about 10 minutes and drain.
- Mash eggplant and mix in eggs, melted butter, pepper, onion, half of the cheddar & Parmesan cheeses, oregano and bread crumbs
- Butter a shallow 1½ quart baking dish. Cover the bottom with half of the tomato slices, spoon in the eggplant mixture and spread evenly. Arrange remaining tomato slices on top, mix together the remaining cheeses and sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes