I mentioned last week that I’m back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon. I have been feeling so much better and more in control since starting back up a few days after Christmas. The battery on my scale is dead so I am not sure of my starting weight though I have a pretty good idea based on the size I am wearing, but my clothes are starting to have a little more room in them instead of getting tighter and tighter. In fact, I think it’s a good thing that my scale is broken so that I don’t become a slave to it.
The hardest part of WW for me has always been breakfast. I’ve never been a big breakfast eater and let’s face it, it’s so much easier to grab a bagel or throw a waffle or piece of bread in the toaster. But this time around I have to be much more careful as I am no longer breastfeeding and only have 26 points allowed for the day. There is a big difference between 26 and 34 points and I am still adjusting to the difference.
I love eggs but do not like plain egg whites and having two real eggs really adds up, so I came up with a go-to breakfast that is not only tasty but also fast and easy. And best of all, it’s only 5 points.
- Thaw about 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of spinach (or broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, whatever you like)
- Scramble one whole egg with a little skim milk then add 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites
- Spray a warm pan with Butter Pam (it smells scary, like fake movie theater butter but I promise, it doesn’t taste like anything)
- Add the eggs, spinach, 1 oz of 2% cheese, dill, salt, and pepper (to taste)
- Cook until firm and the cheese is melted
That’s it. Simple, tasty, and full of protein
I am tracking my progress on my HTC Windows 8X phone, courtesy of #HTC8 #Troop8x