Which Diapers Survived a Huge Destash?

In July I posted a picture of my stash on my Facebook page before I sold a lot of my diapers. We were moving across the country and I had to get my stash down to a reasonable amount. Plus there were a lot that I didn’t use as much or grumbled when it was their turn in the rotation. It was time for them to go. So which diapers survived?

My Stash - Then and Now

THEN:

This was my stash in July 2012. It was a bit unmanageable and I was forced to store them on a utility shelf. Not a very attractive storage solution

My Stash - July 2012

There were 50 pockets & AIOs, 9 fitteds, and 8 covers.

NOW:

As of today my stash is more about quality than quantity. I really like all of the diapers that I have now and they work very well for us. I did a large destash before we moved in late July and I have done some smaller ones since then and bought a few more.

My Cloth Diaper Stash - Feb. 2013

MIA

Which diapers survived?

Pockets, AIOs, AI2s

Covers & Fitteds

Now I can finally use the dresser that we bought for K for its intended purpose! I specifically chose this dresser for the small drawers on top. I thought they would be perfect for his cloth diapers.

Cloth Diaper Storage

And I was right. As long as my stash is a reasonable size!

Cloth Diaper Storage Cloth Diaper Storage

Regan is a New England native now living in Colorado with her husband and two sons. She is committed to living greener and is an advocate of cloth diapers, babywearing, breastfeeding, and intuitive parenting. She loves to read, cook, bake, write, and explore her new mountain home.

If you liked this post you might like these

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

1. Gina Hodges says

What is the best way to destash diapers? I am impressed with your before and after! That was a lot of diapers!!

• Regan says

I sold a lot on Facebook buy/sell/trade boards or sites like Diaper Swappers and Cloth Diaper Trader. I also donated some to Giving Diapers, Giving Hope. I sold a few on Craigslist as well but that was mostly more trouble than it’s worth.

2. Kerri says

I’m thinking about starting with the Sunbaby diapers. How are they in your opinion? I noticed one survived your culling lol.

• Regan says

They are my favorite of the “cheap” diapers. The Sunbaby was my husband’s favorite diaper in our stash and still might be. I did a review of them if you want to read it. http://theantijunecleaver.com/2012/03/ohh-baby-baby-sponsor-spotlight-sunbaby-diapers/ We no longer have the diaper in this review because a snap broke. This can happen on more expensive diapers too and it would have been more expensive to send it to be repaired than it would to buy a new diaper. With a $5 diaper you’re not going to get the same quality as you will with a $20-$25 diaper, but for the price, I really like them. They fit well and the inside is very soft. I would definitely recommend them as a starter stash for someone who doesn’t have $300 to spend at one time or for someone on a budget.

• Regan says

Mine fits the same as most of my other OS diapers. Maybe I got a size 2? K is 27 months, 30ish pounds and about 34″ and he wears it with the rise all the way out and on the 2nd set of waist snaps.

• Regan says

Yes it is. My older son has the smaller one of the same dresser in red. I love them.

It was very hard to let go but once you rip the bandaid off it gets a little easier to start to let them go. Especially when you replace them with ones you like better.

• Regan says

haha. They’re not always put away but this morning I realized that I actually had them all clean except for his overnight dipe and the one he was currently wearing so I took advantage of the opportunity :)

• Regan says

I assume you mean the one under the orange diaper? That’s a Fireworks RagaBabe 2-Step.

Trust me, most of the time 2 loads worth are in a laundry basket, sometimes even stuffed and folded 😉

Trackbacks