Cloth Diapers for Older Children, Teens, and Adults

Cloth diaper resources for older kidsEvery so often I check the search terms that bring people to my site and several times I have had people land here looking for cloth diapers for older children and teenagers. I have to guess that my site comes up since I have a teenage son and a cloth diapered toddler so the two terms together bring you here. I have had this search come up often enough that I decided to put together a list for those of you who are in need of diapers for an older child or teenager.

Please note that I don’t have personal experience with any of these but have compiled a list of some that I’ve found. It would be great to one day see the market open up a bit to cater to those with special needs children, school aged bedwetters and incontinent adults. It’s definitely a hole in the industry but there are some resources available.

Hiney Liney’s Big Kid makes the Experience kit and their Versa cover for older children. They fit kids from about 30 – 60 pounds.

Antsy Pants – for kids over 45 pounds.

Mother-ease  makes diapers specifically for bedwetters (though an older child could certainly wear it for daytime) in three sizes. XS (30 – 40 lbs), S (40 – 55 lbs), and M (55 – 65 lbs).

Snap-EZ makes items in children, youth, and adult sizes.

Fuzzibunz‘ size chart states that they have an XL (40-55 lbs) and an XXL (55+ lbs) in their Perfect Size diapers though I haven’t been able to find diapers for sale larger than a size Large. It may be worth looking into, though.

Lynne Sellers Etsy shop - adult sized cloth diaper that is made to your specifications.

bunnie4 Etsy shop – adult sizes made to order. There is special prices for diapers made smaller than 28 inches and larger than 38 inches.

Happy Little Llama Etsy shop – hybrid fitted diapers for kids 20 – 50 pounds.

RagaBabe has recently come out with a Size 3 diaper that fits up to 50 pounds. These diapers are amazing and are my favorite but they are hard to get. If you enjoy the thrill of the chase then I would give them a try. heck out this post for tips on scoring a RagaBabe.

I will add more to this list as I find them but hopefully this will give you a place to start on your search.

Image courtesy of sattva at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers
Share Button

8 Responses to Cloth Diapers for Older Children, Teens, and Adults

1. Annette Kyle says:

Thank you so much! I am a mom of 4. 2 are in diapers and one of them is 11. Most of my kids have Down syndrome and have had a much longer challenge in potty training. I am a fan of cloth, am using them for our youngest. My older son also has other disabilities and will continue to be in diapers, so I have been looking for bigger brands. (11 years has added up$$) thanks again!

2. Carol says:

You are providing a great service here. keep it up. Have a 7 year old nightly bedwetter in Hineys Liney’s Big Kid Versa Cover. Works just fine, been using 3 of them for over a year.

3. Sandy Cain says:

Thank you so much for this! It is getting to the point where some of my old relatives are having continence problems, and I didn’t think there were any cloth products for adults! (((HUGS)))

4. Shawna says:

Seriously great of you to help out since this kind of search was leading to you anyway. Thanks.

5. Kadie says:

6. Kadie says:

Thank you for putting this together. We often forget that every child, every individual has different needs and being able to meet them is so important for parents and caregivers! Many of the young children I’ve worked with that have developmental challenges would LOVE to be able to pick out a cool pattern/style as opposed to having to wear a generic disposable!

7. Summer O says:

ahh wish I knew these resources sooner. I stopped cloth diapering my daughter when she got to 2 becuz it got to hard with sizes and all that but I wanted to continue since it was very helpful with her learning to use the potty. she regressed a bit with pull ups bcuz they absorb so well and it doesn’t bother her to be wet. with cloth she didn’t like the way it felt when wet so she was more diligent on using the potty. Other plusses being they are so cute fashion wise and perfect for hot days, and better for the environment . o well, if I ever have another kid at least now I have the resources. and when im old and back in diapers ima make sure my daughter uses cloth ;-p

Add Comment Register