Goulash is one of those meals that I never thought to make myself but always enjoyed whenever someone else made it. Finally, I decided to make it myself and am so glad that I did. It may not be fancy, but sometimes you just want some good old-fashioned comfort food. This is a very easy meal that makes my whole family happy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1½ cups water
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp Tamari (or regular) soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Lawry’s seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1½ cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large Dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Drain fat, then stir in the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Tamari, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and Lawry’s. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the macaroni, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. About 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, serve, and enjoy!