If you like big, delicious banana flavor then this recipe is for you. When I make this it doesn’t stay in the house very long. You could also use this same recipe to make muffins.
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 very ripe bananas, mashed (between 2 and 2½ cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°, spray (or grease) a 9×5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda
- In a separate bowl or mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. Mix in eggs and mashed banana until well blended. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for about an hour, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool for 10 minutes in pan then put on a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.