This pasta salad was born from a craving for pasta salad but needing to beef it up to something that wasn’t just empty calories while I was on Weight Watchers. I also used it as an opportunity to clean out the pantry and the end result is now my husband’s favorite pasta salad.
For those on Weight Watchers this salad is about 6 points per one cup serving.
- 1 box of whole grain pasta (shells, penne or rotini are my favorites)
- 2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 (15½ oz) can of Canellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- about 6 pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- ½ cup lite balsamic vinaigrette (I prefer Newman’s)
- 1 heaping tbsp dried oregano
- 1 heaping tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Salt (Kosher) and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse under cold water until cool.
- Add all of the ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- This salad can be eaten right away but is best after sitting for at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator