“Continue Reading” for recipe
- 1 lb ziti or other short cut pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 lb hamburger, ground turkey or Italian sausage, cooked
- About 8oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- About 28 oz spaghetti sauce, divided (you can use a jarred sauce, but I have linked to a homemade sauce recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain; set aside.
- Mix ricotta, egg, parsley, 1-1/2 cups of the mozarella cheese, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix cooked meat and pasta in with ricotta mixture.
- Mix in 3/4 of sauce.
- Transfer mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the sauce and mozarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.