Just because it’s sometimes difficult to plan a night out and hire a babysitter doesn’t mean that we have to ignore couple time altogether. Even an at home date night takes some planning since we have a teenager who goes to bed later and by then, The Husband is snoring on the couch. We need to make a conscious effort to keep the love alive even when time gets away from us.
Cook a nice dinner together.
Even if one of you can’t cook, you can still make a great meal together by having the non-cook in the family chop vegetables, gather ingredients, or make a salad.
Watch a movie together.
Once the kids have gone to bed, don’t sit around looking at your phones. Pick out a movie or TV series, cuddle on the couch, and watch a movie together. Be sure to put the phones away so you are really watching together and talking to each other.
10 more at home date night ideas
- Turn your bedroom into a romantic hideaway with candles and flowers.
- Camp out in the backyard, living room, or den.
- Play a board game. If you’re feeling saucy, spice up the rules a bit.
- Experiment with cooking food from another country. Try Chinese, Indian, or Thai.
- Watch the sunset and cuddle with a glass of wine and a cheese plate.
- Put on some music and take a bubble bath together.
- Have a morning date with breakfast in bed.
- Have a picnic in the backyard.
- Have a scavenger hunt.
- Make a conscious effort to cuddle and catch up on your day.