This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Single Edition Media. All text and opinions are my own and I thank you for supporting the brands that support this site.
Like many men, my husband is a huge football fan. This means that the Big Game is a holiday in our house, which I’m sure many of you can relate to. Honestly, though, I don’t mind because it’s an excuse to go off my diet (what diet?) and pig out on some yummy game day food.
On Game Day we put out a huge spread, so I was excited to get to try a few products from Babbleboxx. Babbleboxx is a box of products sent out to bloggers and other influencers with full sized products to try and tell our readers about. This month I received a Big Game box and unlike some boxes I have received in the past, all of the products inside were foods that my family already loves. I’m excited to share them with you.
A look inside the Big Game Box from Babbleboxx
Inside the box were some perfect additions for our Game Day spread. We received Ranch and Nacho Cheese tortilla chips from Garden of Eatin’®, four BIG AZ® frozen sandwiches, Better Bean refried beans and roasted chipotle red beans, and a six pack of Full Sail Brewing Session Lager. Honestly, the beer was a surprise. A very welcome one if you ask my husband.
Garden of Eatin’® tortilla chips
You may have heard of this brand before, but just in case you haven’t, Garden of Eatin’® is the #1 brand of natural and organic tortilla chips. They have been in the business for over 35 years and their Ranch and Nacho cheese tortilla chips are perfect to snack on alone or with dip. We dipped them in the beans from Better Bean and it was a perfect match for the Big Game or even a random Wednesday.
BIG AZ® sandwiches
BIG AZ® frozen sandwiches live up to their name. They are not a small wimpy-sized sandwich and are made for big appetites. Not only that, they’re also tasty! I received a Cheeseburger, Biscuit Stacker Breakfast Sandwich, Kickin’ Jalapeno Cheeseburger, and a Country Fried Chicken Sandwich With Cheese. I admit that I was a little skeptical, but all of the sandwiches are delicious and convenient. You could have them on hand for the kids, bring them to work for lunch, or have them as an easy and filling game day snack.
Better Bean refried beans
We are Mexican food-aholics in our house. I am the biggest one of the group, but the rest of my family doesn’t mind my need to have a Mexican inspired dish each week. When it comes to our weekly meals, I often like to have a side of refried beans. While I have tried, I have been unable to master them myself so I rely on pre-made beans. These from Better Bean are amazing! They are a far cry from the ones in the can. They are delicious alone and as a dip for tortilla chips.
Full Sail Brewing Session Premium Lager
This was a surprise. Session Premium Lager from Full Sail Brewing was, of course, my husband’s favorite item in the box. I am not much of a beer drinker and will only drink a few brands, but I must admit that this beer was quite tasty! I love the shape of the bottles, as well.
Plus, it also made a darned good batch of chili which I will share with you below because who can’t use a good chili recipe?
So make your Game Day easier and tastier with any of these delicious snack ideas. You will not be disappointed with any of them!
Now, as promised, here’s my favorite chili recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Game Day Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 oz can canellini (white) beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 – 1½ tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup Full Sail Brewing Session Premium Lager or your favorite beer
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Cholula sauce or your hot sauce of choice
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp white sugar
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef and sausage until no longer pink, drain fat.
- Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, bell peppers, Liquid Smoke, beef stock, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot sauce, basil, salt, pepper, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your choice of toppings, if desired. Makes about 12 servings