It’s funny. I didn’t become a coffee drinker until I was in my early thirties, but now it’s a necessity in the morning. I just can’t quit it. Usually, I stumble into the kitchen and pop a pod in the Keurig, but every once in a while I have a craving for something a bit different.
Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee
Taking inspiration from my favorite VitaTops flavor, Deep Chocolate, I adapted a mocha coffee recipe into a delicious cinnamon mocha iced coffee. The cinnamon was an afterthought, but I love Mexican brownies where cinnamon accentuates the chocolate flavor so I went for it. Now I have a delicious treat that also wakes me up. It’s a win-win!
I am only marginally functional most mornings. This means that cooking a proper breakfast just isn’t in the cards for me. Instead, I am the queen of quick breakfasts. If I don’t have something quick to grab, I will typically skip breakfast completely so I keep easy things like bars and VitaTops MuffinTops on hand at all times.
This iced coffee pairs perfectly with VitaTops for a delicious morning pick-me-up. Made with whole organic ingredients, VitaTops also add balance by being a healthier alternative to many other quick breakfast or snack options. At only 100 calories, Deep Chocolate also has 4g of protein and 9g of fiber. Banana Chocolate Chip packs 8g of protein into just 130 calories. They are also gluten-free!
For an on-the-go snack or breakfast, put an individually wrapped VitaTops MuffinTop in your purse and some iced coffee in your favorite travel cup and you’re good to go!
I found my VitaTops MuffinTops in the organic freezer section at my local Kroger banner store. You can find yours at your nearest Publix, Kroger, Stop & Shop, Shop-Rite, or Target locations. I highly recommend the Deep Chocolate, but that’s just me!
Because many people take their coffee seriously and tastes vary, this recipe is really more of a method. Feel free to leave the cinnamon out, add more vanilla, or make it more or less sweet than I made mine. You can even go nuts and add whipped cream if you’re in the mood. There is no right or wrong way to make this mocha iced coffee. No matter how you make it, it’s delicious and refreshing for the warmer months ahead.
Of course, don’t forget your VitaTops!
Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee
- 4 tablespoons ground coffee
- ½ cup half and half I used fat free
- 3 packets of stevia or splenda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder I use Ghirardelli
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- a splash of vanilla coffee creamer about a tsp or two; I use Bailey's
- a dash of good quality cinnamon
- whipped cream if you want to be fancy
- Brew coffee in coffee maker, making 2 - 8 ounce cups of coffee. Put carafe in the refrigerator for about a half hour to cool.
- Combine cold coffee with half and half, sweetener, cocoa and vanilla & vanilla creamer in a blender or with an immersion blender (my choice). Add ice cubes to a glass and add half of the coffee mixture. Makes two iced coffees.