Product reviews and giveaways are a great way to bring greater exposure to your company or product(s). While a giveaway is not mandatory in conjunction with a product review, giveaways can bring greater traffic to your website, Facebook page, Twitter account, and other social media outlets and potentially increase sales. If you would like me to review your family friendly products, please see my review and giveaway policies below and feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form.
Regan: I have a two sons ages six and seventeen and would love to review products or books for those two age groups. I am also interested in reviewing products for the home and particularly products that are natural and/or eco-friendly. We also have two cats and a dog so pet products are also welcome. I look forward to hearing about you and your product or service and potentially collaborating with you.
Carly: If you have a baby or toddler item that you would like to have featured, Carly has a toddler and a newborn and would love to review your products for those two age groups.
Fees & product minimums
- Blog review. From now on there will be a review fee for full blog reviews along with a minimum product value of $50. The review fee is $75 plus a full-size product to test for review.
- What is included: a 300-500 (min.) word review with several high-quality photos highlighting your product plus social media promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Review examples: (Regan) Experience reviews: Santa Express, Ringling Brothers Circus. Product reviews: LeapTV, BTS Sport headphones, & Debbie Meyer (Carly) Cuddle+Kind, Mama Koala, & Lily Nily.
- Social media review. For products with a value of less than $50, you may choose social media promotion in lieu of a full review. This will include a high-quality photo of your item posted on Twitter and Facebook with a mini write-up about the product along with link back to your website and a tag of your social media page. The fee for this is $50 plus the full-size product.
- Payment is due within 24 hours of the review being posted. If payment is not made within 24 hours, the review will be taken down until payment is received. If payment is not received the review will not be re-posted and the product will not be returned.
- Please see What Goes into a Blog Review and Behind the Scenes of a Blog Post for more information on why there is now a product minimum and review fee.
- Please note that due to my current editorial schedule the general time frame for a review to go up is approximately 4 weeks depending on the item and my editorial calendar. This is also the amount of time that I feel is adequate to test a product.
- A full-sized item is required to provide an accurate review and will be shipped to me at the company’s cost. If a sample sized product is received then a review will not be written unless previously agreed upon. Review items will not be returned to the sponsor.
- All items to be reviewed must be family friendly and in keeping with the interests of my readers.
- After I have reviewed your item(s), the review will be posted on my blog along with links back to your site as well as any specific product links that were requested. In keeping with Google’s rules, when payment or product is received, all links back to your site will be nofollow links.
- I will post my review on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest along with any applicable tags to your company and/or product to give your product the maximum amount of exposure.
- I will be happy to post any discounts, coupon codes or sales that will run in conjunction with my review.
- If you would like specific pictures or logos to be included in my review, please supply them. If there aren’t specific pictures or logos included then I may include the pictures of my choice from your website unless specifically asked not to.
- Once my review is completed I will send the company a link and they will have permission to post my review on their website or social media pages if they wish.
- All reviews will be honest and will include the positives and negatives (it’s rare that a product is perfect), but I will not post a completely negative sponsor review as it is the mission of my blog to endorse products that I feel that my readers would enjoy. If I am unable to post a mostly positive review then I will notify the company/sponsor with an explanation.
- I reserve the right to refuse to post a review if the above terms are not met.
- Giveaways are free of charge when associated with a review. If you would like me to host a giveaway without a review, the fee is equivalent to the amount of the prize up to $75. Like with reviews, there is a $50 minimum except for cloth diaper giveaways.
- Giveaways may be open to the US only or the US and Canada. Please specify your preference in negotiations or I will assume the US only.
- Giveaways will typically run for approximately two weeks
- In order to protect the privacy of my readers, I must create and host all giveaway widgets for giveaways hosted on my site. I am happy to include any FTC compliant entry options that you wish, but I cannot host a widget created by an outside source.
- The e-mail addresses of giveaway entrants are confidential. They are used for entry and notification purposes only and will not be shared with the sponsor without their permission under any circumstances. Adding someone to a mailing list without their expressed permission is illegal and is just bad form. I am happy to add a newsletter or email sign up as an optional giveaway entry.
- I will work with sponsor companies to determine the entry methods that would be most beneficial to the company. This may include visiting a Facebook page (likes are no longer allowed as an entry per Facebook’s TOS), following on Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram, or visiting the company’s website.
- Giving bonus entries for purchases will not be permitted as it turns the giveaway into an illegal lottery.
- It is not advised to have mandatory entries, especially for email and newsletter sign ups. I am happy to include them as optional entries, but mandatory entries tend to deter entries and interest in the giveaway.
- Liking a Facebook page is no longer allowed in order to comply with Facebook’s guidelines. I also cannot ask readers to post a message on a wall or like a photo or status. They may visit your page if they like what they see, they may choose to like it.
- Per Google’s Terms of Service, bonus entries for following a Google+ page or giving a page or post a +1 is not permitted.
- Giveaways will be advertised on giveaway forums and other websites as well as my Facebook and Twitter pages in order to provide the sponsor with the maximum amount of exposure.
- After the giveaway has ended, the winner’s information will be provided to the sponsor and the sponsor will be responsible for furnishing the prize. Shipping and handling will be covered by the sponsor.
- I will not host a giveaway where the winner has to pay shipping costs and I do not ship prizes to winners under any circumstances as this makes me liable for the prize. This also means shipping will be paid on the item twice which does not make good business sense.
- Giveaway winners will be selected at random and emailed within 48 hours of the giveaway’s end. The winner then has 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
- Once the winner responds to the notification email, their information will be forwarded to the sponsor company. If the giveaway is for an item of choice then it is the sponsor company’s responsibility to work with the winner to determine their prize.
- If you do not follow through with a giveaway prize then any links to your website will be removed from my blog and I will no-index the post so that it will not be read by search engines. Partnering with a blog is a unique form of advertising, but it is advertising nonetheless and advertising is not free. I thank you for your understanding and look forward to a pleasant partnership.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]