This post may contain affiliate or referral links which means I may earn a sales commission. Please see my full affiliate disclosure here.
Ahh, fairy tales. The tried and true stories of our youth, and the youth before us, and the youth before that. Usually, very little changes with fairy tales . . . until it does. Over the past few years, new life has been breathed into these time-tested stories that we all know.
Adults have enjoyed a new take on an old familiar classic from TV shows like Once Upon a Time and novels like Cinder and Wicked. Now we have a wide variety of alternative fairy tales for kids.
Over the past decade or so, more children’s books have joined the alternative fairy tale party. I am excited by this, and frankly, we couldn’t be happier. These stories are creative, fun, and sometimes laugh-out-loud funny.
So get ready for something new yet familiar at the same time. These books are sure to delight both you and your children.
Related post: 15 More Funny Alternative Fractured Fairy Tales
Alternative Fairy Tales
- Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs
- The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
- Honestly, Little Red Riding Hood was Rotten!
- The Three Ninja Pigs
- Three Little Aliens, Big Bad Robot
- Ninja Red Riding Hood
- The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig
- The Frog Prince, Continued
- Hensel and Gretel: Ninja Chicks
- Frankly, I’d Rather Spin Myself a New Name!
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- Goldi Rocks and the Three Bears
These fun, alternative fairy tales prove that even old, familiar stories can get a facelift and become beloved new favorites. If you have an alternative fairy tale that you love and I missed, I would love to hear about it in the comments.