This post may contain affiliate or referral links, meaning I may earn a sales commission at no extra cost to you. Please see my full affiliate disclosure here.
Even though it still feels like summer, Labor Day will be here before you know it. This harvest salad recipe with turkey, cheese, grapes, apples, bacon, and ranch dressing is the perfect starter for any game day meal that’s sure to please everyone.
I love to add fruit to my salad and if you haven’t tried it yet, I’m sure you will love it. And you know what that means. Fall is coming! Sweater weather, comfort food, colorful leaves, football, and football tailgating! Or, as we like to call it, homegating. Fall is the season of delicious food in our house. And, of course, football.
When it comes to barbecues and football tailgating foods, I always like to have something fresh to start with or to have on the side. Yes, I’m that person that will happily eat a salad along with rich, delicious party foods.
MAKING A FALL HARVEST SALAD
Salads don’t have to be bland and boring. This easy, delicious harvest salad really is a nice change from the norm and can be a meal all by itself. Full of fall flavors, it is a great salad option for those crisp days ahead. It’s also a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables. I know my kids love salads that have fruit in them.
By making this salad in an airtight container, you can enjoy it anytime. You can eat it right away or store it in the fridge to bring it along with you to a Labor Day gathering or football game. Eating a healthy-sized salad before eating other typical barbecue or tailgating food is a great way to add your vegetables. It’s also a delicious way and to fill up a little before eating heavier foods.
You could make a larger bowl for a gathering, but this recipe is for a healthy-sized single serving.
- 1/2 cup thin Granny Smith apple wedges
- 2 tbsp. KRAFT Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup seedless red grapes
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups tightly packed torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Shreddy Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses
- 1-1/2 tsp. OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits
- Thinly slice a half cup of Granny Smith apples.
- In an airtight container, toss the apples with KRAFT Classic Ranch Dressing.
- Add salad greens and remaining ingredients. Toss and cover until serving.
You also may like: