I have mentioned several times that I have gradually been moving away from pocket diapers but then contradicted myself and added the AppleCheeks diaper to my list of favorite diapers for toddlers. What gives?
There are a few reasons why AppleCheeks is the only pocket diaper to have made my list. Besides the fact that they come in a large variety of colors they have a lot of very simple features that allow for a great fit on toddlers.
- It is a two size system so it allows for a more customized fit for older babies and toddlers. My son has been wearing a size two since he was less than a year old and it still fits great at three years old.
- There is elastic on the front panel which gives it more stretch for a better fit on a bigger toddler.
- There aren't any adjustments snaps on the front of the diaper so I don't have to worry about him being in between snap sizes
- The leg elastics are stretchy enough to get a great fit and snug enough to hold toddler messes inside.
- The opening in the middle of the diaper means that you don't have to touch any poo since *the insert will agitate out in the wash.
- *My washer doesn't have an agitator so inserts don't always agitate out in my machine BUT the AppleCheeks diaper also comes with bamboo inserts so I can use it as an AI2, and usually do!
I would also be remiss if I didn't mention their amazing resale value. They also make cloth diapering your toddler (and baby) incredibly inexpensive because you can often resell them for close to retail value. If you have a retired and/or hard to find color you could even end up cloth diapering your baby for a profit. Some of their colors sell for hundreds. Yes, hundreds for a used diaper.
So if you feel that AppleCheeks is on the expensive side for a cloth diaper, buy the gorgeous limited edition diapers. By the time your baby is done with it you will get your money back.
Photo credit: diaperjunction.com