This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Please see our full affiliate disclosure here.
Every once in a while I like to expand my culinary repertoire. I’ve always wanted to try to make crepes but was intimidated by them. For some reason they seemed hard to make to me but recently I watched a cooking show where they made crepes and I told myself that I was going to finally try to make them myself. For my #CollectiveBias shop I found a recipe that sounded good and went to Walmart for some ingredients.
I already had the berries and the ingredients to make the crepes themselves but what I didn’t have was cream cheese. I picked up some Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the dairy aisle for my crepe filling. This was going to be good!
On a whim I also bought some Onion & Chive Philly cream cheese spread for morning bagels.
For the crepe filling I cut up some strawberries and raspberries and the sauce is a simple mixture of Philly cream cheese, milk, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla.
Making the crepes ended up being easier than I envisioned. I expected to have some oddly shaped, broken crepes but I have to admit that I did a pretty good job! If you’ve ever wanted to make crepes but are as intimidated as I was you do have to stay on top of them since they cook quickly, but other than that it’s not as hard at it sounds. Really.
How good do these look? I must say that they tasted pretty darned good, too. The blueberry Philadelphia cream cheese had just the right amount of sweetness and fruit flavor.
We all loved these and I will definitely be making crepes much more often now! If you want to try this recipe, feel free to print the below recipe card.
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces blueberry Philadelphia cream cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 8 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups each fresh berries of your choice, I used strawberries and raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter.
- Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Make 3 more crepes, adding remaining butter to skillet as needed.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread 1 rounded tablespoon on each crepe; top with 1/4 cup fruit and roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Adapted from Taste of Home