This post may contain affiliate or referral links which means I may earn a sales commission. Please see my full affiliate disclosure here.
Not only will your child have fun completing these space activities for kids, but they will also be learning about space as well. There is so much to learn about our universe and everything in it.
Outer space is a subject that captures the interest of kids and adults alike. There is so much to learn and imagine. This outer space printable worksheet set is perfect for children in preschool, Kindergarten, and first grade.
You also may like these printable Telling Time Worksheets
With these worksheets and a book or two, your little want-to-be astronaut will soon sound like an expert!
They will know all about stars, planets, the galaxy, and more and will be excited to share their new knowledge with everyone they know, or even a random person in the grocery store checkout line.
10 Quick Facts About Space For Kids
- Space is completely silent.
- One day on Venus is longer than one year on Earth.
- There is a volcano on Mars three times the size of Mount Everest.
- There is an uncountable number of stars in the known universe
- Nobody knows how many stars are in space
- The universe is 13.8 billion years old
- Space is just above that, at an average temperature of 2.7 Kelvin, which is about negative 455 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The moon is 238,855 miles away from Earth
- The sun is really a star and it is 92.96 million miles away from Earth.
- Astronaut footprints and rover tracks are still on the moon because there isn’t any wind on the moon to cover them up.
What Is Included?
While your child is working on this space activity, it’s the perfect time to teach them more about space. There is so much to learn and even more ways to teach them about this fascinating topic.
Is your child a lover of facts? As a start, you could get their mind working with these ten interesting facts about space.