This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Are your kids minion crazy like mine? We were a little late to the minion party, but now Dub is obsessed with Despicable Me and can’t wait to see the new Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie. We didn’t get a chance to see the Minions movie in the theater and we are so excited for the DVD release. The release date also happens to be Red’s birthday so the timing couldn’t be more perfect. He may not admit it, but he loves the minions just as much as Dub does.
To celebrate the DVD release of the Minions movie, we took out our air popper that Dub has been dying to use and we made up a fun minions popcorn bar with easy to make Minions treat bags. If your kids are also excited about the Minions movie or have an upcoming minions party planned, they will love this!
How to make minions treat bags:
First, we made some bags to hold our popcorn creations. Really, these bags are so cute and so easy! I come from a family of artists, but that gene skipped me completely! Even though I am not especially artistic, I was able to pull off these super cute bags and I’m sure you can, too.
Yellow treat bags, a black marker, a silver marker, a ruler, glue, and googly eyes in large and medium.
- Using the ruler, draw two lines with the black marker and color them in for the straps of the minions’ goggles
- Glue either one or two eyes on the bag and let them dry
- Draw around the googly eye(s) with the silver marker
- With the black marker, draw mouths and hair on some of the bags
For the popcorn, you are only limited by your imagination. For ours, we made three different kinds of popcorn – peanut butter & jelly (recipe below), cheese, and cinnamon sugar for adding fun add-ins.
To make it even more fun, we set up a table with our popcorn, add-ins, and popcorn bags. We bought an inexpensive minions tablecloth to complete the look. We even made some minion money which can be used for one free bag of popcorn.
Our minions money was a big hit, too. He thought it was so fun to use his own “money” to buy a bag of popcorn. Click the link to print your own minion-money for the kids to play with. I hope you and your kids have as much fun with this easy, crowd-pleasing popcorn bar as we did. This would also be a fun idea for your minions themed kids’ party.
Popcorn bar recipes:
- 1/4 cup popcorn, about 8 cups popped
- 1 cup white chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. strawberry jelly
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- Divide popped popcorn into two separate bowls.
- Over medium-low heat on the stove top, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate with 1 tbsp. peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over 1 bowl of the popcorn.
- Use a rubber spatula to coat thoroughly.
- Spread out to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate with 1 1/2 tbsp grape jelly over medium-low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the other bowl of popcorn, and stir with rubber spatula to coat well. Spread out to cool.
- Once both batches of popcorn are cooled enough that the coatings are set, mix them both together in a bowl and serve!
Recipe source: http://www.somethingswanky.com/peanut-butter-and-jelly-popcorn/
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes inspired by the Minions movie release. I’d love to hear about your favorite movie night recipe!