Moveable Paper Plate Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Craft
This post may contain affiliate or referral links, meaning I may earn a sales commission at no extra cost to you. Please see my full affiliate disclosure here.
If your kids love Mo Willems’ pigeon books then they will love to create this moveable Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus craft. Not only will they have fun creating this paper plate craft, but they will love playing with it when they’re finished.
Made with a paper plate, popsicle sticks, and paper cutouts, your children will love moving the pigeon, bus, and bus driver around with this fun interactive craft.
The best part is that you can make this Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus activity is that it can be made with a few easy-to-find supplies that you probably have in the house.
If you don’t already have all of the supplies you will need for this Mo Willems pigeon craft, they are easy to find online or at your local craft or discount store. Best of all, they won’t empty your wallet!
For another fun children’s book craft, you could make a Cat in the Hat bookmark or check out these other fun kids’ crafts
How to make this Mo Willems pigeon craft
You don’t have to be an artist to have fun making this craft because the template is already made for you. Just cut the pieces of the template out on a thick piece of paper, trace onto colored construction paper, and glue everything together.
For each Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus craft, you will need the following simple supplies that you can find around the house, at any craft store, or online.
- Construction paper – light blue, light green, white, and yellow
- Craft scissors
- Heavy-duty disposable plate
- Popsicle sticks
Gather all of the necessary supplies and print the Mo Willems pigeon PDF template. Use the templates to trace and cut out the pieces for the characters.
- Cut out the pigeon from the template.
- Glue the legs with the body and then glue the beak.
- Use googly an eye for the pigeon’s eye.
- Cut out the pieces for the bus using the PDF templates.
- First glue the windows on the top part of the bus. Then, glue the wheels on the bottom.
- Use marker pens to draw some details on the bus.
- Cut out the pieces for the driver from craft paper.
- Glue the head with the body, then glue the hat on top of the head.
- Then use marker pens to draw the face and outlines on the clothes.
- Finish it by gluing the shoes.
- Select your heavy-duty paper plate.
- Cut a slit on the bottom edge of your plate to put the popsicle sticks through.
- Cut out a circular piece of card stock paper according to the size of your paper plate’s circumference. Place the paper inside the plate.
Putting it all together:
- Gather all the characters of the craft.
- Glue or tape popsicle sticks on their backs.
- Now place them inside the paper plate.
This pigeon craft is perfect for a classroom project, homeschool book study, rainy day activity, or to keep the kids busy on the weekend or over school vacation.
The best part about this craft is that you probably have most of what you need at home already. The kids will sharpen their cutting and gluing skills and will have a fun toy to play with when they’re done.
Have them act out the Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus book while reading along to make this fantastic story even more fun and interactive.
If you love Mo Willems, you will probably also love these great children’s books.