This post may contain affiliate or referral links, meaning I may earn a sales commission at no extra cost to you. Please see my full affiliate disclosure here.
Paper plates are a versatile and creative medium for art, especially when there’s an opportunity to use them in fun projects like this adorable paper plate lighthouse craft.
There is no shortage of possibilities when using these humble yet versatile household items.
You can make this lighthouse paper craft from just a few supplies you probably already have in the house. All it takes is some paint, an old toilet paper tube, and your creativity!
Even if you don’t have all of the supplies you will need for this craft, they are easy to find and won’t break the bank.
How to make a paper plate lighthouse
You don’t have to be an artist to have fun making this lighthouse craft. Grab your paint, paint brushes, and scissors, and let’s get to creating.
For each paper plate lighthouse, you will need the following simple supplies that you can find around the house, at the Dollar Store, any craft store, or online.
- paper plate
- red/beige/brown craft or construction paper
- dark blue/light blue/white/brown/yellow/black acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- School glue or glue stick
- black and pink marker
- For the ground, paint a brown area for the beach sand.
2. Then paint an ocean above the sand in blue. With a lighter blue, paint waves.
3. Paint the sky light blue and add clouds with white paint and sun on one side with yellow paint.
4. Make a lighthouse out of paper and a toilet paper roll by cutting a piece of white paper to fit around the toilet paper tube and secure it with school glue or a glue stick.
5. Cut 3 equal strips of red paper and glue them on the paper roll to make stripes.
6. Draw a semicircle on the brown paper, cut it out, and make a cone shape. Secure it with glue, then glue it on top of the paper roll.
7. With a black marker, draw a door, windows, and a railing on top of the lighthouse. Then draw eyes, cheeks, and a mouth on the sun. Draw birds flying in the sky.
8. Finally, glue the paper lighthouse onto the paper plate.
The best part about this craft is that it doesn’t take any special supplies. You probably have most of what you need at home already. Plus kids will learn how to paint and will love adding their own artistic style to make it their own.
In about an hour, hour and a half your child will be able to make a lighthouse craft that is unique and worthy of display or a handmade gift for someone they love.
If you like this paper plate lighthouse craft for kids, you might also like these lighthouse craft ideas for kids.